- The hospitals in Toronto had put out a call for donations of unopened boxes of PPE. With the permission of Medical Mart who supplied the gloves to the Toronto club, all 4,000 gloves were donated to St. Joseph’s Hospital in Toronto.
- “Our front-line workers need these products more than ever. Your organizations act of kindness will go a long way.” Peter Dennis, Medical Mart
ZONTA AWARD IN MEMORY OF MARLENE SIMMONDS
The 2019 Winner of the ZONTA AWARD IN MEMORY OF MARLENE SIMMONDS at Ryerson University was Brooklynne Morrison. The award is given to one female, undergraduate student in the Department of Criminology upon completion of third year of full-time study; must demonstrate an interest in the area of improving the social, economic and legal status of women.
The Zonta Club of Toronto Scholarship awards established at the Michener Institute for Applied Health Sciences were presented at the Michener Institute Student Awards Ceremony held on November 6, 2019.
- Zonta Club of Toronto Diagnostic Cytology Scholarship : Raven Macgregor
- Zonta Club of Toronto Radiological Technology Scholarship: Briyanka Varathan
The world economy, industry and sciences are becoming increasingly digitized, and these developments are disrupting society and familiar social processes. Women, however, are still largely underrepresented in technology fields. To create a world in which men and women have equal opportunities, women need to have an active role in technology and technological developments. Zonta International is pleased to offer its new Zonta International Women in Technology Scholarship to encourage women to pursue education, career opportunities and leadership roles in technology. For more information click here
You must apply through a Zonta Club. The Zonta Club of Toronto Information may be found on the Scholarships page:https://zontatoronto.org/zonta-scholarships/
The application materials for the 2020 JANE M KLAUSMAN WOMEN IN BUSINESS SCHOLARSHIP are now available from Zonta International:
For details on how to apply through the Zonta Club of Toronto, click here:
During the 2018-2020 Biennium, two projects are being supported by the International Service Fund:
- Let Us Learn Madagascar: An Integrated Program for Adolescent Girls
- Eid bi Eid (Hand in Hand): Support to the resilience and empowerment of Syrian refugee and vulnerable Jordanian women
To learn more about the International Service Program and the projects being funded this biennium, click here.
The Zonta International Young Women in Public Affairs (YWPA) Program was developed to encourage young women to participate in public and political life by recognizing their commitment to the volunteer sector, evidence of volunteer leadership achievements and a dedication to the advancement of the status of women. The Zonta Club of Toronto is offering an award of CAN $500 through a competitive application process. The local winner becomes eligible to compete for an additional Zonta District award of US $ 1,500. District award winners can compete for a US $4,000 international award. Click here to visit site.
Please submit completed applications electronically to [email protected]
The 2017 Zonta Club of Toronto Award in Honour of Helen Hood at Ryerson University is Jasmine Allan-Sferruzzi from the midwifery program.